Monmouth Area Community Calendar
- National Library Week's "Food For Fines" at the Warren County Public Library. During National Library Week, the Library will accept canned good in lieu of money to pay fines. One can = $1 in fines. Restrictions do apply. Contact the library for more details. All proceeds benefit the Jamieson Food Pantry.
- 10am - "Earth Day Crafts" at the Warren County Public Library. Celebrate Earth Day with a seasonal craft. All ages welcome.
- 10am - "How Does Your Garden Grow?" at the Warren County Public Library. Learn about gardening & seeds, then plant your own herb or flower to take home. All ages welcome.
- 10am-12pm - Knitting & Crocheting Circle at the Warren County Public Library. Work on current projects in the company of fellow crafters.
- 11am - Community Easter Egg Hunt at Monmouth Park.
- 3pm - "Stories 'n Stones" at the Warren County Public Library. Hear Native American stories told by Fairview Heights, Illinois native Marilyn Kinsella ("Taleypo the Storyteller"). All ages welcome.
- 11am - "Pack the Place" at Rovi's Gourmet Burgers. 15% of all sales will benefit Blaine Robinson (to go orders included).
- 12pm - Staff Appreciation Luncheon (formerly Ladies Day Luncheon) at the Monmouth VFW. Entertainment provided by Comedy Sportz.
- 3:30pm - Poetry Writing Workshop at the Warren County Public Library. Daily Review Atlas reporter Annie Pittman will direct poetry games & activities. Aimed for school aged children. Held in Aquarium Room.
- 10am - "Scrub-A-Dub-Dub Fun" at the Warren County Public Library. For babies, toddlers & preschool children.
- 8-11am - Monmouth Community blood drive in the classroom at OSF Hospital. To donate, contact the Mississippi Valley Regional Blood Center at (800) 747-5401 ext. 1281 or visit bloodcenterimpact.org.
- 4-7pm - Kirkwood United Methodist Church Basement Sale at 235 Kellogg Street. Homemade goodies, coffee & juice served for a donation. An elevator is available on the north side. Proceeds benefit local missions.
- 7:30am - "Marching For Private Robinson" 5k March/Kids Run at the Warren County YMCA. Cost to enter the 5k March is $25 (begins at 9am); cost to enter the Kids Run is $10 (for ages 3-10; begins at 10:15am). Cost for a t-shirt only is $15, and all donations are welcome. To guarantee a t-shirt, register before April 14th at the YMCA, or online at secure.getmeregistered.com/PrivateRobinson5k.
- 8-11am - Kirkwood United Methodist Church Basement Sale at 235 Kellogg Street. Homemade goodies, coffee & juice served for a donation. An elevator is available on the north side. Proceeds benefit local missions.
- 12-3pm - Warren County YMCA blood drive at the YMCA's all-purpose room. To donate, call Mindy Newberry at (309)299-8348 or visit bloodcenterimpact.org.
- 12-4pm - Fish Fry at Papa's in Monmouth. Cost is $6.50 per plate and proceeds benefit Western Illinois Animal Rescue.
- 1pm - "Tea Friends: American Style Tea Party" at the Warren County Public Library. An 1800s American-style tea party. Enjoy refreshments, discuss customs, fashions & etiquette. Hosted by Mindy Knapp. Limited to 12 participants, but others are welcome to observe.
- 2:30pm - "The Ups & Downs of Tea a la Downton" at the Warren County History Museum. Mrs. Eaton (Ellie Carlson) & an English Butler (Mark Howe) walk you into the past in costume. Cost is $20 per person. Reservations are required - Call Dixie Jenks at (309) 734-6346.
- 6pm - Passion Play - "Jesus: Love, Life & Hope" at New Life Foursquare Church, 201 East 2nd Ave in Monmouth. Event presented by cast of nearly 50 people from Living Hope Community Church in Davenport, Iowa. The event is free to attend; a freewill offering will be taken.
- 3:30pm - Movie showing at the Warren County Public Library. 2nd installment of the trilogy, where dwarves & hobbits battle a terrible dragon. Sponsored by Friends of the Library.
- Berwick Days. Fireman's breakfast (all you can eat) 7-10am, lunch & bake sale by Berwick Baptist Church 11am-??. Raffle drawings at 1pm, plus an antique & collector car Cruise-In, train rides for kids; parade at 1:30, followed by kids outhouse races at 2pm. There will also be a 50/50 drawing. Flea marketers are welcome. For more info contact John Smith at (309) 337-5202.
- 2-6pm - Faith Bible Church will host a community blood drive at 807 Warren St, in the Sunday School Room. To donate, please contact Judy Norman at (309) 867-8912 or visit www.bloodcenterimpact.org.
- 7:30-11am - "All You Can Eat" breakfast buffet at the Monmouth VFW, Post 2301 presented by the VFW Ladies Auxiliary. Cost is $7 for adults, $3.50 for children 6 & under. The public is welcome.
- 6-9pm - The Carring Canine Club Trivia Night Fundraiser at the Farm Bureau Building. Cost for signing up 8 people on a team by May 10th is $10 Per person/$70 per table. Cost for registering after May 10th is $12 per person/$80 per table. Enjoy the fun while supporting the Dog Park in Monmouth. For more information, call Gloria at (309) 221 6998 or email her at
- Chamber Golf Outing at Gibson Woods.
- 2-4pm - 11th Annual YMCA Boys & Girls Basketball Camp for children aged Kindergarten - 6th grade. Camp led by veteran basketball coach Michael Kelley. Guest speakers include Titan basketball coaches Chuck Grant & Jim Cole, Monmouth College men's basketball coach Todd Skrivseth, IVC girls' basketball coach Marc Lowe, and more. For more information call coach Kelley at (309) 255-1670 or the Warren County YMCA at 734-3183.
- 11am-3pm - The Carring Canine Club Doggie Carnival coming up on July 12th from 11-3pm on the dog park property.
- 1-6:30pm - The Carring Canine Club Golf Tournment at Gibson Woods Golf Course. All fundraising for dog park.